0

INTREPID ME

Posted on Saturday 10 February 2018


INTREPID ME
by Apolinario  Villalobos


At the crack of dawn
While the rest of humanity
Are still curled up in their bed
I’m already up, eager, excited;
I hit the road, buoyed with lightness –
Letting my feet just carry me on
As I unwind my pent up energy
That gives me a feeling of ecstasy.

With cell phone, notebook and pen
Camera, batteries, biscuits, candies
Towel, extra shirt, coins and bills –
All backpacked, I trek over hills;
A shot here and there, mesmerized –
A stop here and there, hypnotized –
Only aahs and oohs, I say nothing more
As the searing sun, I patiently endure.

The world is my home, it’s where I belong
I let no oceans and seas hinder me, there are ships
I let no great distance distress me, there are airplanes
I let no meager funds discourage me, I can scrimp
I let no insufficient language daunt me, I can make signs
I let no difference in culture deter me, I can learn
I let no difference in climate frighten me, I can adapt
This is me, intrepid me, my desire to explore is my map!





Discussion

Leave a response